"You are what you eat"
- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
As humans our bodies are similar in many ways and uniquely different in other ways. The food you eat, your lifestyle and how much you exercise is directly correlated to the impact the types and quantities of food you eat have on your health and on your brain.
"Just because you're not sick doesn't mean you're healthy"
- Author Unknown
Your food preferences are intimately tied to what your mother ate while you were in utero, your genetic structure, your upbringing, your psychology, your culture and your support system.
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"
It is not surprising then how difficult it is to change your eating patterns. Together we will explore the research in nutrition and develop a food plan that optimizes brain and body function and yet is nourishing and fulfilling. Based on research and the current literature on nutrition Enhanced Performance Training® will help you consider:
- What kinds of food nourish your brain
- What kinds of food protect the heart
- What kinds of food stave off illness
- What types of food preparation causes the least inflammation
- What kind of food from around the world is associated with longevity
- How supplements can improve health