Wisdom skills have demonstrated their powerful effect and proven value as part of an integrative approach to peak health and wellness.
As an adjunct to biofeedback and neurofeedback training Enhanced Performance Training® will assess your physiology and brain function. Based on the findings and your goals EPT will develop a suitable protocol designed to help you reach your personal and/or professional best.
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." - The Buddha
Meditation: is a state of awareness that has been found to:
- Reduces stress
- Improve attention
- Strengthens vagal tone (rest and recovery functions)
- Generates a sense of calm and peace
- Improves immune function
- Biofeedback-Aided Relaxation and Meditation in the Management of Hypertension
- Mindfulness Practices Leads to Increases in Regional Brain Gray Matter Density
- Physical Activity, Mindfulness Meditation, or Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback for Stress Reduction: A Randomized Controlled Trial
"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." - Willie Nelson
Visualization: is a gentle yet powerful guided technique that focuses and directs the imagination in proactive productive ways. Guided Visualization utilizes all of your senses and faculties. While it is true that both hemisphere's of the brain are engaged in all activities Guided Visualization's impact comes from consciously activating specific areas of the brain for comprehensive task completion. It is used to:
- Develop the image of achievement
- Imagine the procedural sequence of an activity to generate ideas for improvement
- Stimulate your creative mind
- Reduce stress
- Create solutions during problem solving
- Creative Visualization: A Tool for Business Success
- Self-Guided Imagery Can Enhance Well-Being in Healthy People
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi
Hemispheric Fitness: It is true that no one is right or left hemisphere dominant and that every function requires the interaction of both hemispheres. None-the-less, Dr. Jeff Anderson, director of the fMRI Neurosurgical Mapping Service at the University of Utah has found that each of us preferentially use certain parts of our brain to initiate or maintain specific functions. In a broad sense:
- your right brain for your creative side (art awareness, creativity, imagination, intuition, insight, holistic thought, music awareness, 3-D forms, left-handed control)
- your left brain for reasoning and logic (analytic thought, logic, language, reasoning, science and math, written, numbers skills, right-hand control)
Research suggests that strengthening communication between different areas of the brain activates and engages adjacent areas of the brain. A cascading effect occurs as more and more neurons fire sequentially and in unison maximizing task completion.
Using neurofeedback and movement exercises Enhanced Performance Training® helps to train better integrated brain function by stimulating, balancing and strengthening the connectivity between the two hemispheres.
- Effect of Problem Solving on Right and Left Hemisphere 40 Hz EEG Activity
- Investigations of Interhemispheric Processing
"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do." - Epictetus
Strategic Self-Hypnosis: Strategic self-hypnosis is a powerful and positive state of focused attention in which you can engage your subconscious, the creative mind and the intuitive mind to improve performance and mental ability.
When you learn to lightly hypnotize yourself you are more easily able to access innate skills sets. Some people find strategic self hypnosis challenging. Neurofeedback can then be used to take the body and brain to a deep relaxed twilight state known as the "cross-over" state where you can use mental rehearsal, ego strengthening scripts and focused attention for performance optimization.